What's the difference between the i7-720QM and the i7-740QM processors?

Thursday 30 December 2010

I am thinking of buying a new laptop, and I am a smidge outlined by one of the processor. For the same price, I can get either of the two processors I mentioned, but the 0.13 ghz is faster than 740QM 720QM. The cache and bus size are the same, so it seems that only an increase in speed 740 free over 720.
Is there something I'm missing? Or does the 740 hardware is really only better for the same price?
Solution:
You're right. They have the same specifications, including energy consumption, with the exception of 740QM has a higher multiplier. That means the heart 740QMs run faster, and that's the only difference.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2010 Gadget Reviews | Free Blogger Templates by Splashy Templates | Layout by Atomic Website Templates