Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF2 REVIEW

Friday 31 December 2010

Panasonic lumix gf2
Like other G series cameras, the Panasonic GF2 is very nicely put together and it's aluminium alloy body has a high-quality feel. I was pleased to find that the redesign since the GF1 has introduced a small grip on the front of the body which gives a little more purchase.
However, the addition of a more grippy-textured coating would improve this further. Whereas I can carry the DSLR-style G2 quite comfortably in my hand between shots, I would be inclined to use the Panasonic GF2's strap over my shoulder.
As I was using a pre-production model of the GF2 it would be unfair to draw too many firm conclusions about the image quality, but the results are impressive. My images are well exposed, even when the subject is backlit and the auto white balance system clearly works well.
I am not able to view the raw files from the camera, but the JPEG images taken with the default noise reduction settings are good straight from the camera. Images taken at ISO 400 look comparable with those I have taken at ISO 200 on the G1, indicating that Panasonic has come some way with noise control. Even those taken at ISO 6400 are much cleaner with less red speckling than from the GF1.
Although Panasonic has introduced a new 'My colors' shooting option which contains similar style settings to the Film Modes of other G series cameras, I was disappointed to find that the Panasonic GF2 doesn't have these Film Modes, as they can be used in any of the PASM shooting modes.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2010 Gadget Reviews | Free Blogger Templates by Splashy Templates | Layout by Atomic Website Templates